Welcome to Bykov Law
Whether you are seeking professional legal advice for yourself, your family, or your business, Bykov Law has the expertise and resources to serve your needs. Our expert legal counsel can advise and skillfully represent you in a wide range of practice areas, though we specialize in family law and criminal defence.
Bykov Law has earned a reputation amongst peers and clients for quality of service, good communication, and breadth of knowledge. Our law firm strives to provide the best legal representation for our clients, ensuring the best possible outcomes for every case. Our key practice areas include:
We represent clients from all walks of life, and no matter what the criminal charge is, we will fight vigorously for your rights. One of the most painful things in life is being accused of a crime you have not committed. But how do you prove your innocence when the odds are against you?
Each estate requires a well-calculated approach when planning for different scenarios. We can be entrusted with fulfilling your final wishes, executing your last testament and distributing your estate. We specialize in wills, trusts, advanced medical directives, power of attorney and more.
We treat every real estate transaction or closing like our own - helping our clients every step of the way. Our real estate lawyers are here for all your real estate needs – providing a spectrum of services, like purchase, sale, refinancing, and more, ensuring everything is up to code.
Do you need a professional public witness? All of the lawyers at Bykov Law are certified notaries and commissioners and will be more than happy to assist you. We will sign and seal your documents and conduct all other obligations you need from a licensed notary in Toronto.
– Aliya M. READ MORE
Top Family Lawyers Here to Help
- Divorce – When you and your spouse decide to end your marriage, a Bykov Law divorce lawyer can ensure that the divorce outcome aligns with your best interests and all applicable laws. From filing divorce paperwork, drafting and reviewing agreements, to negotiating on your behalf, there are no limits to the amount of legal representation we may be able to provide.
- Separation Agreements – Whether you need help drafting a separation agreement or reviewing an existing one, our family law experts might be able to help. And if the terms of the agreement do not align with your individual needs, we will negotiate with the other party on your behalf.
- Mediation – Mediation is one of the best ways to avoid complex, expensive, and tiring legal processes. If you and your spouse cannot agree on certain issues concerning your family, we can help you reach an agreement while keeping your best interest in mind.
- Property Division – It is never advisable to discuss the issue of property division without a lawyer. You need someone who has your interests in mind and understands your rights. Whether there is a dispute over an existing agreement, or you want to draft one, call Bykov Law for assistance.
- Family and Estate Claims – When pursuing a claim, the kind of estate planning lawyer you choose to work with can make or break your case. At Bykov Law, you can trust our Toronto estate planning lawyers to fight for what you deserve.
- Decision Making and Property Time – Dealing with a divorce? We understand how such a process can impact your life, especially when children are involved. So sit back and let our divorce lawyers handle it for you.
- Child Support – Whether you are the payer of child support or the recipient, we have the right family law expert for your case. We will fight for you and your child (or children) on your behalf in and out of court.
- Spousal Support – Suffering in silence after divorce due to spousal support issues? Call us today – we will discuss your options.
- Marriage Contracts and Cohabitation Agreements – Life happens, and it is always good to be prepared when it does. Having a marriage contract or a cohabitation agreement does not mean you do not trust your partner – it means you are bold enough to make the most important decisions in your relationship.
- Domestic Violence – Our family law experts have years of experience in domestic violence cases in Toronto and their surroundings. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, we will discuss your options and create a winning strategy.
- Restraining Orders – Our protection order lawyers can help you with matters concerning restraining orders. Whether you have been falsely accused of abuse or need protection from an abusive partner, talk to us immediately.
Toronto Criminal Defence Lawyers on Your Side
- Assault – Under the Criminal Code of Canada, assault falls into different categories. Regardless of the severity of the case brought against you, get in touch with us today and we might be able to help.
- Domestic Assault – Domestic assault charges can ruin your life. So if falsely accused of domestic assault, a criminal defence lawyer is the right person to talk to.
- Sexual Assault – According to a study conducted in 2017, at least 7% of sexual assault incidents reported in Canada were unfounded. If you belong to that 7% who have been wrongfully accused of sexual assault, you deserve a lawyer who believes you and is willing to do whatever it takes to prove everyone else wrong.
- Threats – In Canada, it is unlawful to threaten another person with action that could potentially cause their death or bodily harm. But not everything you say to someone qualifies as a threat. Talk to us today if you have been convicted of threatening someone.
- Bail Hearings – Many things happen in court during a bail hearing. For instance, the judge will evaluate the seriousness of the crime, the risks involved in releasing you back to the community, and many others. Again, a criminal defence lawyer can help convince the court that you deserve to be reunited with your friends and family even as they discuss your case.
- Break and Entry – If you have been charged with breaking into someone else’s property without their permission, you risk serving jail time. However, the risk significantly drops when you have a criminal defence lawyer by your side.
- Criminal Appeals – All hope is not lost when the court passes a judgment against you. You can still convince the judge to overturn the decision, but only when you have an experienced criminal defence lawyer who knows how to navigate such complex laws.
- Drinking and Driving Offenses – You risk going to jail, losing your license, or both if arrested for drinking and driving. The risk is even higher if it is not the first time you have been arrested for this offence. A criminal defence lawyer can help explore all legal avenues available to limit the consequences of being charged with such an offence.
- Driving Offenses and Traffic Tickets – It is painful, frustrating and expensive to pay for traffic tickets, especially if you believe you did not break the law. Regardless of whether or not you broke traffic laws, you need an experienced lawyer to help you understand your options.
- Guns and Weapons Offenses – Guns and weapons offences have serious consequences if you are found guilty. The consequences are even worse if someone gets hurt or dies as a result. In such a situation, you can trust our Toronto criminal defence lawyers to provide expert legal advice.
- Robbery – If you have been accused or charged with robbery, chances are very few people are willing to listen to your side of the story. But that is not something you should worry about when you have a lawyer who understands you and is willing to prove your innocence.
- Theft – You can serve up to 10 years in prison if found guilty of theft, in some circumstances. When you call us, our lawyers will listen to you and create a legal strategy to defend you in court.
- Fraud and White-Collar Crimes – Talk to us if you need legal representation on matters concerning fraud and white-collar crimes. We cover criminal and corporate fraud, bribery, influence peddling, tax fraud, aiding and abetting, and so on.
- Young Offenders – Young people charged with crimes in Canada are subject to punishment but differently. This area of law is complex, and that is why you need an lawyer specifically experienced in handling such cases. Get in touch with us today if you need legal representation for a young individual accused of a crime.
How Can a Criminal Defence Lawyer Help My Case?
How can a criminal defence lawyer help my case? Being charged with a criminal offence, whether major or minor, is a serious matter. A person facing criminal charges risks severe penalties and consequences, such as jail time, having a criminal record, loss of relationships and future job prospects, and more. While some legal matters can […]
Bykov Law Here to Help
Bykov Law Professional Corporation is a boutique law firm serving people in the Greater Toronto Area. Our law firm provides a wide range of legal services customized to your specific needs. Our lawyers practise in several legal disciplines, including family law, criminal defence, estate planning, business law, real estate law, and notary and commission services. If you need a family law or criminal defense lawyer in Toronto who offers a client-centered and results-driven approach to every case, contact us today at 416.519.3259 for a consultation.Book a Consultation